- Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that can improve health, energy level, and general well being.
- People who eat larger portions of fruits and vegetables have a decreased risk of chronic diseases such as stroke, type 2 diabetes, some types of cancer, and possibly heart disease and high blood pressure.
- Fruits and vegetables contain healthy antioxidants and phytochemicals.
- Fruits and vegetables are good food choices to assist in losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight because they are low in calories but high in nutrients, fiber, and water to fill you up.
- Diets high in fruits and vegetables can promote memory function and healthy aging.
- Eating fruits and vegetables promotes strong bones and teeth and healthy vision.
So what are you eating today?