Sometimes having *SO* much information can be overwhelming and therefore paralyzing. Where to begin? Set a goal for yourself, just one for this week. Below are some examples.
This week I'm going to...
- Eat 5-6 small meals each day, eating every 3-4 hours
- Eat 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables each day
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water - that's 8 - 8oz glasses
- Keep a food log - enter or write down EVERYTHING I eat
- Limit myself to one _______ per day (soda, sweet...if there is something not so healthy you consume a lot of, this can be a good way to start breaking the habit)
- Not snack after dinner/at my desk (wherever you tend to fall to mindless eating)
- Sleep 7-8 hours every night
- Do something relaxing/I enjoy for 15 minutes each day (take a bath, drink a cup of tea, read a magazine)
- Plan a social event with a friend
- Be more active throughout the day by... (Examples) taking my dog for a walk every day, taking the stairs, parking farther away, getting up from my desk & walking around
- Stretch every day
- Do __ minutes of cardio __days this week
* A good goal for weight loss is to exercise for 45-60 minutes, 5 days a week. If you're new to exercise, start out gradually. Try 20 minutes 3 days a week, and work up from there.
Don't try to do everything all at once, pick just one goal to start. Or if you're really ambitious, pick one goal from each category: Nutrition, Rest/Stress Relief, Exercise. Sometimes we feel anxious to change, but a week goes by very fast. :) Better to do one thing well, and then add another habit next week - building on success!